Telling everyday stories is an essential component of my memory keeping. I want to look back years from now and reminiscence about the everyday life of my tiny little family; particularly those stories that are so simple yet very special.
Like combing my little girl’s hair on a Sunday night.
As a young child, my mother always washed and conditioned my hair on Sunday evenings as we got ready for a busy week of school and work. My mom would braid my hair (time consuming) and I would comb my Cabbage Patch’s hair while we watched our favorite prime time TV dramas – Dallas, Falcon Crest, and Knots Landing…oh the 80’s!
My spouse took this photo of my little girl and I while I combed and styled her hair. Of course Corinne had to style her Barbie’s hair as well (“It’s called fashion style, Mom!”). The photo is really dark, despite my best attempts to fix it, but that’s okay. It’s the memory that counts. I am sharing this precious Sunday night ritual with my baby: wash, condition, and style. Our TV entertainment – Project Runway!
I created this layout using the leftover elements from my Scraptastic Kits from April and May. I am trying really hard to use up my stash before I get new stuff! A scrappers struggle…it’s real!
For my background, I used this awesome graphic paper by Pink Fresh Studio (Life Noted Collection). I held on to this paper for weeks and decided to finally use it. I layered my photo with three exclusive Scraptastic pattern papers. I used a variety of embellishments to include stickers, die cuts, and rubber charms.
The main feature on this layout is the big bold title on the background paper! To customize my title, I added yellow font stickers by Pink Fresh Studio and mini black alphas from Elle’s Studio.
Here’s a list of materials used:
- “Life” Pattern Paper – Life Noted by Pink Fresh Studioo
- Exclusive Pattern Paper – Scraptastic Kit Club
- Exclusive Cut Aparts – Scraptastic Kit Club
- Clear Stickers (Black) – Life in Color by Simple Stories
- Die Cut Stickers – Amy Tangerine
- Clear Stickers (Blue) – Heidi Swapp
- Black Mini Alphas – Elle’s Studio
- Yellow Puffy Alphas – Pink Fresh Studio
- Rubber Charms – Pink Fresh Studio
- Chipboard Arrow – Pink Fresh Studio
- Decorative Clip – Life in Color by Simple Stories
Check out the process video for this layout on the Victoria Marie YouTube Channel! Thanks for stopping by!