I appreciate clean and simple layouts. Every now and then I need space to breathe. I need my photos and journaling to tell the story.
My little one finished kindergarten and starting in July we will begin our homeschooling journey. I realized that I wanted to capture our everyday morning routine before she completed her last days of traditional schooling: walking to the car in the morning as I take her to school, packing her lunch and snack for the day…everyday routine tasks that we often over look.
The picture of her walking to our car with her school bag is a reflection of a precious moment in time. She will never be this little again. The photo of her lunch box speaks to her unique interest (she picked it out herself before school began). And underneath the lunch box, her daily folder…all beat up and worn out from being shoved in her backpack or handled by her teacher.
Telling the story of my family’s daily routine allows me to be reflective; to write what is truly genuine and authentic. I want my daughter to look back on her childhood and cherish not only the special or big stories such as holidays or birthdays, but to relish in the life we lived at this point in time – busy, on the go, basic, and routine.
- Paper – Textured White Cardstock
- Pattern Paper – Scraptastic Exclusive
- Die Cuts – Pink Paiselee Fancy Free Collection by Paige Evans
- Glitter foam stars – Scraptastic Exclusive (Cake by the Ocean)
- Title “Capture” – Acetate Words by Pink Fresh Studio “Life Noted”
- Sub Title “The Last Days” – Alphabet Stickers by Studio 112
- Heidi Swapp Roller Date Stamp
- Versa Fine Ink (Black)
Check out the process video for this layout! Enjoy!