Hey Scrap Bosses!
I’m back with a brand new process video on the Victoria Marie YouTube Channel and Blog!
A few weeks ago, Ali Edwards hosted an impromptu storytelling journey called Pieces of Us – A Self Portrait Community Project. According to Ali, she created this project for the following reasons:
- To get yourself in the story. Literally.
- To play and experiment with your camera (most likely I’ll just be using my iPhone).
- To practice developing your own photo voice.
- To practice loving ourselves using the lens of our cameras. I love this as a February project.
- To play along with a community of storytellers.
Hundreds of storytellers from all over the world participated in this project, sharing daily photos and words via Instagram. I truly believe there is space to tell our stories through photos as well as words, to be introspective, honest, and raw about where we are now and our perspective on life. This was the perfect project do just that.
To complete this project, I created a 12 x 12 scrapbook layout featuring the photos the I took and the journaling I wrote that correspond with each prompt. This was a fantastic project and I am so glad that I took the time to strengthen my storytelling voice through photos journaling!
Take a look at the process video for this project, now available on the Victoria Marie YouTube Channel. Photos of this project are posted below! Enjoy!
- Numbers – Elle’s Studio Jane Alphas
- Pattern Paper – Becky Higgins
- Die Cuts – Vicki Boutin
- Tag – American Crafts
- Wood Veneer – American Crafts
Thanks so much for stopping by!