Hello! I’m back with another Scraptastic Design Team layout featuring the May 2016 Cake by the Ocean Kit!
For this week’s layout, I teamed up with Alex, a fellow design team member, and we used this as our inspiration piece:
And here’s my take with a different twist!
Last week I was involved in a very active fairy tale in which my daughter and I pretended to be princess mermaid sisters. According to my little moppet, we are getting ready to attend a party. And since we were attending this party during the winter time, it was customary for us to wear our princess tiaras on the outside of our winter hats.
It’s a thing. 🙂
Using the exclusive Scraptastic stencil and my cutting knife, I cut the stenciled image to create a raised background. I backed the raised circles with pink patterned paper – the color is subtle and very much visible when looking closely at the layout. I created layers around the photos using an exclusive Scraptastic tag and die cuts from the Paige Evans Fancy Free Collection (Pink Paislee). I finished the layout with a cute title using the die cut word “happy” from the same collection in addition to velum letter stickers by Pink Fresh Studio.
- Patterned Paper – “Flower Strings” from the Felicity Collection by Pink Fresh Studio
- Exclusive Stencil – Scraptastic
- Die Cuts – Fancy Free Collection by Paige Evans (Pink Paislee)
- Sticker Arrow and Plus Signs – Scraptastic Exclusive
- Heidi Swapp Roller Date Stamp
- Sticker Font – “Felicity” by Pink Fresh Studio
And here is the process video! Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!