Who doesn’t love the Gilmore Girls? And coffee? The perfect pair, right? For my family, we could watch Gilmore Girls everyday without getting tired of it. Yesterday, I mentioned that I wanted to brew of a cup of coffee before sitting down to watch yet another episode when my little one exclaimed,
“Mom, I want some coffee too! I had it at grandma’s house and I like it!”
Well, why not! Let the coffee indoctrination begin! So off to the kitchen we went to fire up the Keurig. Corinne was excited to pour some cream and sugar into her little cup. We sat on the couch and enjoy our joe.
I love these little moments.
This reminds me of when I was little and spent time with my grandma – I spent several weekends at her house, playing dress up in her clothes and makeup, spraying on her perfume, and adorning myself with all of her cool costume jewelry. On Saturday mornings she would fix me eggs, bacon, toast, and coffee. To my coffee I would add milk and three sugar cubes.
Funny the things we remember. 🙂
For this layout I used a bunch of supplies from my stash. I had no design plan – none at all. I just wanted to sit down and create.
I started by using a wood grain background paper paired with a circle pattern paper from the Dear Lizzy Documentary paper pad. To that I added an assortment of die cuts and ephemera by Dear Lizzy, Elle’s Studio, and Flea Market Fancy. Layering and clustering is my “go-to” technique when I don’t have a specific design idea in mind. I just add elements until I am satisfied with the look of my layout!
Here’s what I used:
- Paper – Dear Lizzy Documentary Paper Pack
- Font – Pink Block Letters by Studio 112
- Font – Glitter Foam Stickers “Fitzgerald” by Thickers
- Font – Gold Foam Stickers “Woodland” by Dear Lizzy (Thickers)
- Phrase Stickers – Elle’s Studio “Hello 2015”
- Heart Chipboard Stickers – Studio Calico
- Sequin Heart – “Poolside” Collection by Crate Paper
- Hello Sunshine Chipboard Stickers by Pink Paislee
- Enamel Dots – Dear Lizzy
- Trinkets – Flea Market Fancy by The Paper Studio
- Layered Tags – Maggie Holmes by Crate Paper
- Gold Camera Clip – Flea Market Fancy by The Paper Studio
- Chipboard Stickers – “Darling Details” Dear Lizzy
- Die Cut Shapes – American Crafts Bits
Click HERE to watch the process video for this layout!!! Enjoy!!! And thanks for stopping by!