I am in the process of finishing my daughter’s baby book (five years later)! I recently received the This is Halloween kit from the Scraptastic Kit Club and and decided to skip ahead in her book and complete a layout that documents her first Halloween.
My baby was about 8 months old in this photo…she was so tiny and precious. We had a hard time picking out a costume for her. So, one of my friends offered to make a tulle tutu, which turned out super cute! I paired that with a onesie that said, “Daddy’s under my spell”, and there you go! My cute Halloween Baby!
Needless to say she struggled with the tutu a bit. It’s hard to crawl when you have layers of tulle surrounding you! She was completely frustrated! Finally she managed to get on her knees and began to crawl all over the kitchen…tulle tutu and all! I really enjoyed scrapbooking this memory…the older she gets, the harder it is to remember all of the little details of her baby years. I always recommend to new moms that they take a moment to capture those memories, even if its just writing them down on a piece of paper.
I wish I would have done that!
Of course I couldn’t tell this story with just one layout! I created a corresponding pocketed layout that extended the story of her first Halloween.
Scraptastic offers a separate pocketed scrapbooking kit called This Life Noted. I used some of the 3×4 cards that came with the kit along with a few embellishments to create the pocketed layout. Sometimes I need a bit more “real estate” to tell the full story. Plus, creating a pocketed layout allows me to add more photos.
This second page came together quickly – its so simple and clean.
Here’s what I used:
- October 2015 This Life Noted 3×4 cards
- White Textured Cardstock
- Black and White stripe paper – “Magic” from the After Dark Collection by My Mind’s Eye
- Pattern Paper (orange/dots) – Scraptastic Exclusive
- Pattern Paper (blue/stratus clouds) – “Something Wicked” by My Mind’s Eye
- Mist – “Black Velvet” by Heidi Swapp
- Washi Tape – from my stash (purchased from Hobby Lobby)
- Die Cut Stickers – “Moonlit” by Authentique
- Spider web stamp – “This is Halloween” by Scraptastic Kit Club
- Die Cuts – “Something Wicked” by My Mind’s Eye
- Font /Shapes (Black) – “Spooky” by Thickers
- Font (orange/glitter) – “Boo” by Thickers
- Alpha stickers (orange) – Jillibean Soup Mini Alpha
- Puffy Stickers – “Studio Puffs” by Pink Fresh Studio
- Enamel Dots – “Something Wicked” by My Mind’s Eye
- Phrase Stickers – “Petite Diction” by Authentique
Here’s the process video featuring the main layout (not the pocketed layout…that was an after thought)! Enjoy!