I finally got around to finishing up a couple of Halloween layouts. Admittedly, I don’t do a lot of Halloween themed layouts, but I had to document my sweet little girl who dressed up as Poison Ivy, a DC Comic superhero. She is really into superheroes lately which is incredibly awesome!
All of the elements featured on this layout are from my stash – a mix of goodies from Michaels and an old Scraptastic Kit Club Halloween kit. I tried really hard to use up the items that I had on hand and stretch my supplies as much as possible before buying new stuff next year.
For the background I used two solid pieces of cardstock. The black cardstock is trimmed and mounted on the orange cardstock – I wanted just a bit of the orange to peak through. Next, I positioned the photos in the middle of the layout. All of the photos were printed at 4×6. I am really trying to make a concerted effort to incorporate more photos on my layouts!
Next, I created a title using two Thickers fonts and a studio puff sticker from Pinkfresh Studio. I love glitter font stickers – so pretty!
To finish the layout I created three clusters of embellishments using die cuts and enamel dots from the Something Wicked Collection by My Mind’s Eye, die cut stickers by Authentique, a velum bat from Scraptastic Kit Club, and a gold glitter pumpkin and stars by Thickers. I think this is probably one of the best Halloween layouts I’ve made in a long time!
- Orange cardstock – My Colors Cardstock
- Black cardstock – Recollections
- Pattern Paper (Cream/black stars) – “Something Wicked” Collection by My Mind’s Eye
- Die Cuts – “Something Wicked” Collection by My Mind’s Eye
- Enamel Dots/Shapes -“Something Wicked” Collection by My Mind’s Eye
- Puffy Shapes – Studio Puffs by Pink Fresh Studio
- Die Cut Stickers – “Moonlit” by Authentique
- Velum Bat – Scraptastic Kit Club Exclusive
- Title – gold font “Spooky” by Thickers; orange font “Boo” by Thickers; “EEK!” Studio Puff by Pink Fresh Studio
Check out the process video for this layout on the Victoria Marie YouTube Channel! Have a great scappy day!