I love taking pictures of my girl when she is sleeping. These moments are fleeting. The reality is, they eventually grow into young adults and those sweet baby faces fade away.
Capture these moments people!
I am trying to hold on…FOREVER!
(I might be a crazy mother.)
My sweet pea came home from school one day totally exhausted. She nestled on the couch and took a quick catnap. Our days are long and I often wonder if she is getting enough sleep at night. The girl can go and go and go until she crashes. I guess this is typical of little ones…boundless energy.
I should harness it and sell it! I’ll be RICH!
The Drops of Jupiter Kit from Scraptastic Kit Club is stunning: rich blues, deep oranges, yellows, and reds. A nice departure from some of the more popular color stories of today.
For the background, I used this beautiful constellation pattern paper called “Curiosity” from the Shimelle Star Shine Collection. I fussy cut the puffy clouds from another Shimelle pattern paper, “Rosetta” from the same collection. Making a “cutesy” page isn’t really my style, but when I saw the those awesome clouds, the idea just came to me!
I love when the happens!
I wanted to use the natural form of the circles on the background paper to serve as the anchor for my title. The font is called “Thick and Thin” by Thickers…LOVE! The design of the background paper and the clouds adds a lot of visual interest so I didn’t have to embellish much. I added a few enamel dots from We R Memory Keepers, stickers from Amy Tangerine, and die cuts from the Shimelle Star Shine Collection.
To complete the whimsical look of this layout, I used three Scraptastic exclusive acrylic stars and blue and white twine from American Crafts to create the illusion of stars falling from the sky. I think that I am pretty darn clever!
Here’s a complete list of the layout elements:
- Constellation Paper “Curiosity – Shimelle Star Shine Collection
- Clouds “Rosette” – Shimelle Star Shine Collection
- Die Cuts – Shimelle Star Shine Collection
- Enamel Dots – We R Memory Keepers
- Stickers – Amy Tangerine Stick Book
- “This” Foam Glitter Die Cut – Scraptastic Exclusive
- Acrylic Stars – Scraptastic Exclusive
- Journal Card “Today” – Scraptastic Exclusive
- Font “Thick and Thin” – Thickers
- Twine Blue and White – American Crafts
- Glassine Bag – Held a lot of my kit goodies! Upcycle!
Check out the process video for this layout on the Victoria Marie YouTube Channel! Enjoy!