I love scrapbooking with my little one. She is such a creative little sprite! In December of last year, after much convincing on her part, we finally broke down and bought her a craft desk of her own. Whenever I am working on projects, she is right there with me!
Last week the Victoria Marie FB Group members were challenged to create a layout using items from their stash. Since I wanted to get this story document, I thought this would be the perfect time to pull out some of my goodies – I’m falling in love with my stash again!
It has been a while since I’ve used mixed media so I pulled out some Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Cracked Pistachio and Spiced Marmalade) to create a watercolor background. Next, I used a Heidi Swapp stencil and Liquitex model paste to layer small dots over the distress ink.
I layered pattern papers behind the photo and embellished with a variety of empherma to include wood veneer shapes (I used distress ink to paint these pieces), washi tape, and die cuts. I also added a bit of gold thread for interest and whimsy!
Here is a list of items I used from my stash:
- Paper – Pink Paislee Memorandum
- Dear Lizzy Accent and Phrase Stickers
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Cracked Pistachio
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Spiced Marmalade
- Heidi Swapp Mist – Mint
- Heidi Swapp Mist – Butter
- Title: Dear Lizzy Snapshots (Thickers – American Crafts)
- Title: Basic Grey Fact or Fiction
- Dear Lizzy Die Cut Shapes
- Heidi Swapp Circle Stencil
- Wood Veneer Shapes – Studio Calico
- Washi Tape – The Paper Studio
- Thread – Coats Metallic
- Twine – American Crafts
- Rub ons – Scraptastic Kit Club (exclusive)
- Heidi Swapp Roller Date Stamp
- Versa Fine Ink – Black
Check out the process video for this layout on the Victoria Marie YouTube Channel! Thanks for watching!