My intentions were good…I purchased some Christmas themed and non-themed items, I picked out the perfect album, I made a list of all of the memories I wanted to capture, then I got started.
After a few weeks…I also got lazy.
Folks, I am a December Daily Slacker! Big time slacker! A hide the album under my craft desk type of slacker! A “I’ll finish this album next year” type of slacker!
I went through the trouble of premaking all of my pagers…like a good December Daily follower. Then it all went down hill!
What’s December Daily you ask? Click HERE!
I even blogged about it!
I am like so many scrappers who get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holidays. Recording my special holiday moments came dead last next to work projects, vacations, holiday events, and out-of-state travel.
But, but…BUT…this year things are going to be different. I am challenging myself (and you of course) to finish your 2014 December Daily Album by October 31st!
Yep, in 31 days!
Yes, you can do this! Unless of course you have already finished your album…good for you!
The steps for slackers is very simple:
1.) PRINT YOUR STINKIN’ PHOTOS! Seriously, go through all of your photos and only print the ones that you truly love and that tell the story of your holiday adventures or everyday moments. Remember, if it has been a while since you last worked on your DD album, some of those memories may not be so fresh. Focus on the truly important moments and don’t worry so much about all of the fine details.
2) PURGE AND ORGANIZE YOUR OLD SUPPLIES: Between 2014 to now I had forgotten about all of the supplies I purchased! I took some time to organize my stash and take inventory all of my goodies. There really isn’t a need to go out and buy new stuff…try to use what you have on hand.
3) MAKE A LIST OF YOUR STORIES: What are the most important stories you want to tell from December 2014? Make a list of those stories and prioritize them. You may want to capture special holiday events or simply everyday moments. It’s okay if you don’t remember everything. Just focus on the most special and important memories that are still fresh in your mind.
4) CREATE! This is the hard part…getting those DD layouts DONE! I have decided to work on 2-3 layouts per week in my DD album. If you don’t have time throughout the week, perhaps set aside a weekend to work exclusively on this album. Whatever you decide, just work on getting your DD album DONE by October 31st!
See, that isn’t so hard, right? You can totally do this!
DECEMBER DAILY FOR SLACKERS CHALLENGE!
I am hosting a December Daily for Slackers Challenge on the Victoria Marie Facebook Group. To play all you have to do is:
- Post a picture your completed DD layouts or album to the group photo album called DECEMBER DAILY FOR SLACKERS ALBUM on the Victoria Marie Facebook Group.
- Participants will be added to the drawing for a $25.00 virtual gift card to Studio Calico!
- All submissions must be posted no later than OCTOBER 31, 2015!
- You can submit photos of any December Daily Album, not just your 2014 album.
- The winner will be announced on November 1st!
Now, go find your December Daily album and let’s get started! Look for my December Daily for Slackers process videos on my YouTube channel!