Have you seen the new wood veneer frame by Maggie Holmes? Well, let me tell you…it’s amazing!!!! To be honest, I was a bit apprehensive about using such a large piece on my layout. After looking at a few layouts on the Scraptastic Blog, inspiration took hold.
This layout features goodies from the June Thinking Out Load kit from the Scraptastic Kit Club. This photo is of my little one writing in her field journal. Inspired by a book we read about a little girl who kept a field journal to document her summer adventures with her mom, my little sprite thought she would do the same! So she “writes” about her day-to-day activities, her stuff animal’s birthdays (there are a million of them and they have birthday’s every day), she draws pictures of mommy and daddy, creates poems and songs, and much more. All of her little scribbles are precious and certainly worth documenting! I love these little childhood moments. 🙂
I started this layout by using an awesome transparency called Confetti by Crate Paper. I overlaid the transparency on top of a piece of white card stock. From there I began to embellish my photo and add pattern paper to the frame. I fiddled with the positioning of my photo cluster and title, but eventually settled on this design. I added a few enamel dots and some journaling and called it good. This layout took me roughly an hour to complete.
- Transparency – Confetti by Crate Paper
- White Card stock – from my stash
- Pattern papers: Fine and Dandy from the Dazzling Collection (Dear Lizzy); Craft Market by Crate Paper; Fine and Dandy from the Gleeful Collection (Deal Lizzy); Sparkling from the Confetti Collection by Crate Paper, Exclusive Scraptastic pattern papers – Yellow Dots, Floral
- Heart Wood Veneer by Maggie Holmes (Crate Paper)
- Cut A Parts – Scraptastic (exclusive)
- Die Cuts – Citrus Bliss by Pink Paiselee
- Doillies – The Paper Studio
- Flare – Scraptastic
- Gold Font – Hardcover by Thickers
- Navy Blue Font – Twilight by Thickers
- Denim Stickers – We R Memory Keepers Denim Blues Collection
- Yippee Enamel Dots and Shapes – Chickndiddy Crafts
- Journaling Pen (Black) – Staedtler Triplus Fineliner (0.3mm)
And here’s the process video for your viewing pleasure! Enjoy!