National/International Scrapbook Day is just around the corner and in celebration of this awesome day, I am hosting a MEGA Livestream event on the Victoria Marie YouTube Channel on May 6th at 10:00 am CST!
For this livestream event, I’m bringing back my 1 Paper Pad + 10 Scrapbook Layout Challenge! I first introduced this challenge in 2022 and it was a major hit! If you would like to see the recorded replay of last year’s challenge, click HERE!
There are many of you who are interested in playing along with me for this challenge. So, if you are game, below are all of the details you will need to participate!
FREE PLANNER PDF: Creating ten layouts is a lot of work! So, I created a 1 Paper Pad + 10 Layout Challenge Planner PDF that you can use to organize your projects for this challenge. Be sure to download and print the planner PDF for your personal use!
Click HERE to print the 1 Paper Pad + 10 Layout Challenge Planner PDF!
- Number of Layouts: Decide how many scrapbook layouts you want to create. While this challenge calls for ten layouts, no worries! You can make as many layouts as you desire. Also consider other formats such as mini albums, traveler’s notebooks, or memory planner projects.
- Layout Design: Take some time to plan the design of your layouts. TIP: This is a great opportunity to use scrapbook sketches or templates (or make your own), or look for creative inspiration online, in books, magazines, or on social media. Be sure to use the 1 Paper Pad + 10 Layout Challenge Planner PDF to help you with this task!
- Paper Pad: Select a paper pad from your scrapbook stash – any size will do (12×12 inch, 8×8 inch, 6×8 inch, 6×6 inch). NOTE: If you do not have a paper pad, challenge yourself to use a paper kit or collection from your stash!
- Embellishments: Next, select coordinating embellishments, stickers, and other elements that can be used with your selected paper pad.
- Photos: Based on the design of the layouts you want to make, edit, resize, and print your photos accordingly. TIP: If you don’t know where do start, select a batch of photos based on a theme, person, experience, event, or a specific month or year.
- Journaling: Take some time to draft or pre-write your journaling. TIP: Create a small list of the details you want to document. When you are ready, transfer those details to your scrapbook layout!
- Gather Materials/Tools: If there are other materials and tools you want to use, grab those too! Example: Stamps, textured embellishments, sewing tools, cut files, metal dies, electronic cutting machine, etc.
- Once your materials are ready, store them in a container of our choice that is close to your craft desk.
Join Me On May 6th – National/International Scrapbook Day!
Be sure to join me on May 6, 2023 at starting at 10:00 am CST on the Victoria Marie YouTube Channel! This will be a multi-hour event that’s jammed packed with creative inspiration and design tips. During this livestream, I will be constructing 10 scrapbook layouts to include single page traditional spreads, a pocket page layout, and a few cards using some of the paper scraps from my selected paper pad.
Share Your Projects!
If you are playing along with this challenge, be sure to share what you make in the Victoria Marie Designs Facebook Group Community! To join the group, click HERE! Also, if you share your projects on Instagram, be sure to tag me @victoriamariescraps!
If you are not able to join me on May 6th, no worries! All of my YouTube Livestreams are recorded for replay. Just click the LIVE tab at the top of my channel or select PLAYLIST then WEEKLY LIVESTREAM EVENTS to see the recorded replay.
In the spirit of this challenge, I highly recommend that you use a paper pad, kit, or collection from your stash. However, I know many of you are interested in the paper pad I selected!
For this challenge, I’m using the Park Lane Vintage Chic Paper Pad from Joann. To be honest, I cannot seem to find this paper pad on the Joann website. However, I remember purchasing it at my local Joann location. So, if you really, really want this paper pad, try shopping your local Joann (if one is available to you) or see if you can find it online. Again, I highly recommend that you use a paper pad, kit, or collection from your stash!
All of the other supplies I will be using will be shared during my livestream on May 6th. There will be a combination of old and new items from my stash along with a cut file and few other elements (die cuts, textured embellishments, letter stickers, etc.).
I am so excited for this awesome livestream event! Be sure to mark your calendars and get ready…it’s going to be EPIC! See ya soon!